Sunday 22 June 2008

Norwich Cathedral

I spent a very pleasant time here on Friday, and was greatly blessed by attending the lunchtime Eucharist. As well as the service itself, it was an encouragement that they too had a sound system that fought back!

I took this photo from the cloister where I sat and ate my sandwiches. It was lovely and sunny, but rather windy, so this sheltered spot was really pleasant.

When I left the cathedral, I went to the church with the shrine of Julian of Norwich. Julian was an anchoress in the 14th century; she lived in a cell inside the church, and gave spiritual counsel through a window to those who visited her. She believed absolutely in God's great love for everyone.

I came home on Friday night, and spent yesterday catching up with washing, and getting sorted out to go abroad again tomorrow. While in Norfolk, I had a good opportunity to reflect on the places I have been so far, and on the thoughts and ideas I've had as I travelled.